Owner of the domain
As provided for in Article 10 of Law 34/2002 of 11 July on Information Society Services (LSSI, in Spanish), we inform the user that the owner of the domain www.mediterraneanday.com is the Union for the Mediterranean.
The Union for the Mediterranean, with tax code CIF V65362691 has its head office at Palacio de Pedralbes, Pere Duran Farell, 11, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
The Union for the Mediterranean’s contact details
The telephone number is: 00 34 93 521 4100
The contact e-mail is: email@example.com; / firstname.lastname@example.org
General information on data protection:
The Union for the Mediterranean agrees to ensure that your personal data is protected and is not misused.
Users supply their data voluntarily at all times and guarantee that the personal data provided is truthful; declaring, in all cases, the veracity of the data provided.
The Union for the Mediterranean reserves the right to exclude from the services any user who has provided false data, notwithstanding any other legal action.
The data provided by the user in the different forms available is collected in accordance with the legislation in force on data protection and with the sole purpose of offering the website users the service required.
The data required will be that which is strictly necessary, appropriate and pertinent for the purpose for which it is collected and submitted for automated processing.
Each page containing forms to collect personal data will expressly inform about:
- the existence of personal data processing,
- the identity and contact details of the responsible for processing,
- the contact details of the Data Protection Officer,
- the purposes of the processing of the personal data and the legal grounds for the processing.
- the types of recipients of the personal data,
- the period during which the personal data will be stored,
- the existence of the right to request from the Data Processing Officer access to the personal data related to the interested person, and its rectification, deletion and opposition or limitation of its processing.
- the right to file a complaint with the control authority if the communication of personal data is a legal or contractual requisite.
The Union for the Mediterranean may contact its users and subscribers by diverse means: email, SMS, automatic notices and in-app through social media and by telephone, but only with their prior consent.
The Union for the Mediterranean is responsible for the personal information it collects on its users, and its objective is to be transparent on how it processes this information, as well as to enable the users who provide the information to have control over it.
Thus, the Union for the Mediterranean:
- Will only request or collect the personal data that is necessary in order to fulfil the institutional needs of the Institute and offer those interested access to current affairs in the Euro-Mediterranean area.
- Shares control of the personal data provided with the users and subscribers in order to ensure that the use made of it by the Union for the Mediterranean is correct and reflects the preferences of those who have provided it.
- Guarantees that their personal data is always securely processed.
- Fosters transparency on how the personal information provided about users and subscribers is used.
- The legal grounds for the processing of their data are the performance of the services requested and expressly authorised by them.
- Respects the decisions of the users and subscribers and agrees to keep them informed in the event of significant changes concerning their personal information or how it is used.
- Is accountable for the personal information it stores related to its users and subscribers.
The Union for the Mediterranean manages the personal information provided based on the principles of privacy listed next. These principles reflect our commitment to protect the privacy of our users and manage their personal information appropriately:
Purpose, data category and processing legitimisation
At the Union for the Mediterranean, depending on how the user has provided the personal data, the data is processed into different categories and the purpose of the processing varies depending on the means by which the user or subscriber has provided it.
All data collection media offer information on the purpose of the data processing and this processing is only carried out if the user or subscriber has authorised it.
Next we detail the information related to the different purposes for which your personal data can be used:
How will we use your data (purpose)?
How long will we store your data?
Union for the Mediterranean an Mediterranean day newsletter
We will send you information related to the Union for the Mediterranean research and analysis policies and other significant information concerning our institution, as well as our activities.
Name and surname(s) E-mail
Your personal data will be stored until you ask to stop receiving our communications and will then be removed. You can request removal at any time by following the information that appears in each e-mail.
The data can be transferred to the other online platforms in which the Union for the Mediterranean directly participates: www.mediterraneanday.com and ufmsecretariat.org. Sharing with and processing of your data by third parties
Data will not be shared with third parties unless expressly authorised. In given activities jointly carried out with other institutions or organised by third parties it will be necessary to share your data to manage the activity. In these cases, the registration form will inform in detail about the identity of these third parties and the express and precise authorisation of the user or subscriber will be required for possible justifications for sharing data.
In order to ensure the services provided by the Union for the Mediterranean, the data can be processed by third party organisations, such as in the case of web hosting and sending the newsletter. This processing of your data is solely and exclusively carried out for the development, security and availability of the services provided by the Union for the Mediterranean, guaranteeing that these organisations will apply measures and best practices of information security.
Most of the Union for the Mediterranean service suppliers are based in the European Economic Area. The personal data will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area or to countries that do not have a level of compliance required by the legislation or without having prior express authorisation. And in these occasional cases in which the data is provided to countries outside the European field, including the countries that do not have a data protection level comparable to that of the European Union, the Union for the Mediterranean agrees to process the data strictly in compliance with European and Spanish legislation.
Check the details of the tools we currently use:
We use YouTube to reproduce videos and live broadcasts within the website.
- Conditions of use of the service https://www.youtube.com/static?template=terms
- Privacy policies https://policies.google.com/privacy
We use Twitter to show the activity of the accounts within the website.
- Conditions of use of the service https://twitter.com/en/tos
- Privacy policies https://twitter.com/en/privacy
Rights of individuals when providing their data
All individuals are entitled to obtain confirmation on processing of their data:
- Right to confirmation of whether their personal data is being processed.
- Right to access their own data, rectify it if it is inexact or remove it, particularly if it is no longer necessary to process it.
- In given cases, request the limitation of the processing; in this event, it will only be used for the exercise or defence of claims.
- Right to oppose processing at any time, for reasons related to their particular situation, in the event that the processing is based on legitimate interest.
- Right to withdraw consent.
- Right to data portability.
At any time you can request and obtain information about how and why we are processing your data. In this respect, you can:
- Access your data: request which data we hold and the use we make of it and even provide it to you for transfer to another organisation.
- Rectify your data: request the modification or rectification of inaccurate data.
- Remove your data: request that your data is removed and is not processed other than what the law requires us to store.
- Limit the processing: request that your data is stored – without using it – for legal needs that you may have.
- Oppose a specific processing of your data.
- Data portability: provide your data in a compatible format so that you can provide it to a third party to offer you a service.
Thus, you can exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation, or the right to portability of your data, by writing to the Union for the Mediterranean attaching a copy of an official identification document
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Postal address: Palacio de Pedralbes, Pere Duran Farell, 11, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
- Telephone: 00 34 93 521 4100
Authorisations obtained are independent and, therefore, the user can withdraw one of more of them and this specific withdrawal does not affect the others.
In the event of non-conformity with the processing, you are also entitled to file a complaint with the Catalan Data Protection Authority, www.apdcat.net.
Additional information on personal data processing
Submission of claims
The Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.agpd.es) is the supervising body that ensures the fulfilment of the legislation on data protection in Spain. If you consider that the Union for the Mediterranean has breached some of the precepts established in this regulation you can contact it to file a claim.
Collection of information
Only the information necessary to offer the user a satisfactory service will be collected online. When the user connects to this website, and the other related platforms, we only analyse the search engine used, the character set being used and its version so that the viewing of the website www.mediterraneanday.com and ufmsecretariat.org.
The Union for the Mediterranean uses the Google Analytics tool on the aforementioned website for exclusively statistical purposes.
Period of data storage
The data provided by the user in our forms will be stored:
- To send information about the Institute or its online platforms, to subscribe to the newsletters, to register on the platforms in which the Union for the Mediterranean directly participates, or in relation to those contact forms through which it requests information: the data will be stored until you withdraw consent and exercise the right of removal.
- To manage curriculum vitae, the data will be stored as long as it is necessary to resolve the selection process for which you have registered, and the data of the candidates who have not been selected will be destroyed within 12 months except if this involves responsibilities for the Union for the Mediterranean.
- In the remaining data processing, it will be stored for the time necessary to fulfil the legal obligations.
Basic information on data protection:
Responsible for processing
Union for the Mediterranean
Purpose of the processing
Management, ordinary monitoring and sending of Euro-Mediterranean information.
Personal data category
Identification data, personal characteristics, details of professional and academic experience
Mission carried out in fulfilment of the statutory requirements. The legitimisation is given by the consent.
Recipients and communication of the data
Organisations, institutions, networks and other personnel interested in the Euro-Mediterranean field in which the Union for the Mediterranean participates. The data derived from the contact and the consultation will not be provided to third parties or other organisations or institutions other than for legal obligation. The data will be provided to the processing officers that provide the services on behalf of the organisation responsible for processing.
Exercise of rights
You can exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation, or the right to portability of your data, by writing to the Union for the Mediterranean, attaching a copy of an official identification document, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at email@example.com. In the event of non-conformity with the processing, you are also entitled to file a complaint with the Catalan Data Protection Authority, www.apdcat.net.
Period of storage
Your data will be stored as long as you do not exercise your right of opposition and/or deletion and otherwise as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. Once this purpose no longer applies, the data will be deleted in accordance with the regulation and procedures in force on documentary management and archiving.
Provided by the owner. Institutional Communications and Relations Agenda